Join The Team at Exakt Glass
We are adding to our growing team and need an experienced warehouse
assistant for the busy role in our business.
⭐️ Storeman/Delivery Driver⭐️
We are adding to our growing team and need an experienced warehouse assistant for the busy role in our warehouse.
What does the role involve?
- Operating a forklift - Must Have a current valid licence with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Delivering orders in a company vehicle, utes & trucks.
- Towing a trailer with onsite forklift
- Use of an on site all-terrain forklift for deliveries
- Processing orders
- Picking & packing orders
- Receiving stock
- Loading & unloading delivery vehicles
- Unloading shipping containers with forklift
- General housekeeping
- Stock management
- Provide customer service and sales assistance
To be a good fit for this position, you’ll need the following:
- Have a current full Victorian drivers licence with own car, with a clean driving record
- Have a current forklift licence with a minimum of 2 years experience
- A good communicator
- Be reliable and punctual
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Be physically fit, warehousing can be physically demanding
- Have good computer skills, we use cool technology to make our lives easier
- Be a problem solver and be able to work independently
- Be a team player
Working with us is definitely not for everyone.
We're on a mission to be the leaders in our industry, we lead by innovation, engineering, service and integrity by always doing the right thing. This is no small feat, and will only be possible with the right kind of team members.
And we're not just looking for skills and experience. Having shared values is just as important.
Here are ours:
✅ Always doing the "Right Thing", a simple rule that is easy to understand and follow
✅ Progress over perfection: Taking regular imperfect action towards your intended goals
✅ Be happy: Everything begins with gratitude. As Jon Kabat Zinn says - "if you're breathing, there's more right with you than wrong". We believe that happiness precedes results.
✅ Say Yes: Courage precedes growth - which requires an attitude of sometimes taking on tasks that scare us and are new. This is where growth and fulfilment comes.
✅ Be wrong: Problems will NEVER EVER go away. New solutions even lead to new problems. But unless we can first see and admit that there's a problem, we can't even begin to solve it.
✅ Hungry to learn and grow: Staying still is just as bad as moving backwards. Staying curious and always seeking to learn and grow is the surest way to creating a big future.
✅ Discover over create: Why spend countless hours solving something that's already been solved?
✅ Manage systems over people: If there's a problem - first look at the system before blaming others. How could we fix the issue at the root by modifying or improving our systems?
✅ We serve: Why does a business exist in the first place? Customers give us money in exchange for us giving them a result - at the very heart of this is our ability to serve.
✅ KISS: "Simplicity is the ultimate in sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci
✅ Team first: There's no "I" in team. And without a strong team, we'll never be able to compete at the highest level.
✅ Do it anyways: There will always be some amount of doing things that we'd rather not. Hard work is required in order to achieve great things.
✅ Kaizen mindset: We share a commitment towards continuous small improvements so that we can make our tomorrows better than our todays.
Who this is NOT for:
❌ You don't like solving problems
❌ Growth and learning aren't a top priority for you
❌ You don't consider yourself to be resourceful
❌ You don't enjoy working with others
❌ Customer service isn't your strong-suit
If it looks like we might be a fit
and you're one of those weird aliens on a similar journey towards making this world a little bit better...then we encourage you to take the next steps and apply below!
Think you're a fit?
We need someone who is
- Resourceful and can read between the lines and figure s#$t out in a pinch
- LOVES improving systems and making things better
- Has solid experience working in a similar role
What we offer:
- Respect, we listen, we solve problems together, teams are made of people and people make teams
- Full time paid employment
- Above award wages
- One on one job training
- Support and mentorship from our team
- Opportunities for further career advancement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Please Note, we do things a little differently and our recruiting process is not the norm.
The process to apply for this position is;
1. We use an online tool called DISC that helps us make sure we get the right people on our team, it is a way of making sure we are all the right fit for each other.
It's an easy online questionnaire that determines your personality type, and we use that as a guide as well as your work history and experience combined with a one on one interview to select the best candidate for the position.
Go to the following webpage and complete the 10 minute assessment - It's Free
2. Once you have completed the assessment save the PDF file to your computer.
3. Open the DISC assessment and go to page 2, on the page it has "Your DISC Style:" Copy that name and letters as you will need these in the next step.
An example might be DISC Style: Technician - DSi
The part you'll need from the example is: Technician - DSi
Now that's not what we are looking for its just an example
4. Take a photo of your drivers licence and forklift licence and save them to your computer;
- Forklift Licence number
- Drivers Licence number
5. Have a copy of your resume/CV saved on your computer
Make sure you have followed all of the above steps to move to the next stage of submitting your application.
Now fill out all of your details in the form below and attach the licence photos, DISC assessment and your resume.
And please note;
This is the only way we will consider applications, calling the office or emailing our sales team will not give you an advantage.
The best way to get your name in front of the decision makers is to follow our process.